April 10, 2011

Celebrating Good Books

Three years ago when I posted my first review of My Sister's Keeper on Book Nook Club, I had no idea how much Book Nook Club would evolve. I went to a book club meeting this week and mentioned that I'd reviewed the book on my book review blog a couple of years back. When everyone got really excited and asked for the blog, I realized how much I take the opportunity to review books for granted. And it got me thinking about how grateful I am to have the chance to review books by both new and established authors, as well as how grateful I am for the other reviewers that make Book Nook Club what it is - literally a virtual book club, except we are all reading and reviewing our own books. There is nothing about any of us that makes us qualified to review any of these books other than the fact that we all love reading.

So this post is to celebrate the 600th post here on Book Nook Club. As my own celebration, I went back through and picked ten of my favorite books (out of all 110) that I've reviewed here in the past three years. I tried to keep a good mix of categories so it's not all historical fiction or classics. I'm constantly asked for book recommendations (especially after mentioning that I review books) so hopefully this will be a good one to start out with.

Congrats to everyone involved that's made Book Nook Club a place that I, and I hope you do too, come back to and time and time again to get book ideas and see what my peers thought of a book before buying it. 
  1. Non-Fiction (Relationships) - The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
  2. Non-Fiction (Self-Improvement) -  Good Girls Don't Have to Dress Bad
  3. Science Fiction/YA - Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
  4. True Story - The Girls from Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow
  5. Mystery/Crime - If Tomorrow Comes by Sydney Sheldon
  6. Historical Fiction - Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
  7. Romance - Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
  8. Christian Fiction - Redemption Series (and anything else) by Karen Kingsbury
  9. Chick-Lit -  Perfect on Paper by Marie Murnane
  10. Legal Thriller - My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
I'd love to hear what everyone's favorite books are and if there are things that you love or would like to see changed about Book Nook Club as we move forward with post 601 and on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...