April 9, 2012

Up from Down: A True Story of Recovery by Ted Adamson

Up From Down: A true story of recovery from addiction
This is the story of Ted Adamson from his fall into addiction and crime to his recovery. It’s a moving, true depiction of how his being abused as a child led him into a life addicted to drugs, which led to crime and jail time, but finally opening his eyes and seeing the truth. His journey took him to jail, but also to rehab programs and institutions that helped clean him up, sober him up, and eventually to Jesus which resulted in freedom from not just his addictions, but his anger and resentment towards his past.

I have done a poor job of summarizing this man’s life! I have never read such an honest and clear account of a life that went down the “wrong” path. Agree with him or not, I couldn’t help but be moved by his openness and willingness to share it all and not hold back. I wasn’t reading a book, I was digging into his mind, and maybe even his soul. It has changed my perspective on addiction and people with addiction, and it will change yours. A must read!!!

5 stars

I received a copy of this book for the purpose of review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...