April 9, 2012

By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer

By the Light of the Silvery Moon is the first book I've ever read that is set on the Titanic. I was a die-hard Leo fan when the movie first came out and I always stop and watch it for a few minutes when it comes on TV. So when I heard about Tricia Goyer's newest book, I jumped at the chance to read it.

Amelia Gladstone has always taken care of other people so when she sees a beggar being dragged from the Titanic as she is boarding she has to go check to make sure he's okay. Lucky for both of them, Amelia's cousin Henry ended up in jail the night before and is not going to be using his ticket. So begins the journey of Amelia, Quentin, and some other unforgettable characters aboard the unsinkable Titanic.

I wanted to love this book and I got close at moments, but for me the story could have been set anywhere and it just happened to be on the Titanic since the sinking of the Titanic actually played a very minor role in the story. I really liked Amelia and appreciated her charity toward everyone around her. I also loved the dynamic relationship between Amelia and Quentin as they waded into the depths of their feelings about each other. And finally, I loved how all of the main characters allowed God to guide their lives, decisions, and feelings especially with the reader's knowledge that the ship was going down.

I won't get into any more details of the plot so I don't give anything away, but I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good read, especially for those of you who like historical fiction. 3.5 stars.

Want to know more? Watch the Video Trailer below

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...