April 26, 2010

Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace by Dianne Sweeney

Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace is a funny and insightful look at online dating. It's full of witty stories written from Dianne's adventures on websites like Match.com and eHarmony. It reads more like a diary than a instructional how-to or how-not-to use online dating services, and I really enjoyed it. I luckily have never dealt with online dating, but I could imagine Dianne's pain with the guys who wanted just a physical relationship or the guys who wouldn't post a recent photo because looks just don't matter. And most of all, I got connected into Dianne and was really rooting her for as a "character" (even though she's not a fictitious) to find her true love be it in a bookstore or an online chat room.

If you've ever experienced online dating, I'd pick this one up for a good laugh. It definitely had me chuckling and glad that I haven't had to go through the horror stories that others have. This book is a quick read, quirky, and a lot of fun. 4 stars.


1 comment:

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...