May 21, 2012

The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg

I am a self-help junkie. I love to read books that promise they can change my life if I just follow a few easy steps. So I'll admit I originally agreed to read The Power of Habit because I thought it was another self-help book that could make me become a better person. It wasn't. It was even better.

The Power of Habit is a book written about the science behind habits - what habits are, why they exist, and how they can changed. It talks not only about habits in individuals but also about habits in successful organizations and how organizations use the science of habits to be more successful. Do you ever wonder how Target can send you coupons for the exact thing you need at the store or why you find yourself drawn to the Cinnabon counter in a mall? This book explains those ideas and best of all, it explains how you can change habits.

Has this book changed my life? No. Could it? Yes, I do believe it could if I followed the principles laid out so simply in the book. Regardless of if you want to change habits in your own life, this book is definitely worth reading. It was fascinating to learn about the science of habits and how I can drive myself home when I couldn't give someone directions to my apartment to save my life. This book was filled with so many incredible insights and I highly recommend it to anyone. 5 stars.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. In his bestselling book The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg, a business reporter for the New York Times, conveys his research in the fields of psychology and neuroscience to provide a scientific approach to understanding habits.

    If you are interested in learning more about the ideas introduced by Charles Duhigg but you are not able to spare the time to sit down and read the THE POWER OF HABIT, then why not read the shorten version?

    THE POWER OF HABIT…in 30 MINUTES is the essential guide to creating change, breaking habits, understanding willpower, and comprehending the main ideas behind Charles Duhigg’s bestseller. You can grab a copy on Amazon for $4.99:

    http://bit.ly/amazon-The-Power-Habit-Minutes-ebook

    Best of luck in changing your habits!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...