March 3, 2010

Where Do You Get Your Books?

I figure since this is a book blog, you would probably be the best people to answer this question - where do you get the majority of your books? Do you buy them? Borrow them from the library? Somewhere else? I went on a walk to the library this weekend, and they were at the very end of their quarterly sale, which means they were selling books $1 a bag (and a bag means however many you can take). So of course rather than paying my $11 fine to check-out more books, I just bought ten for $1. And the best part is that I can probably swap most of these on paperbackswap.com for books that I really would like to read.

Does anyone know if any of these are any good or not worth reading? For ten cents each, I figured it couldn't hurt to pick them up.



3 comments:

  1. I use paperbackswap! It's fabulous. I need to check out our library's book sale next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Library. ABQ has an excellent inter-library system that's fully accessible from home. I just log in, put in my requests, and wait for an email letting me know when they're ready for pick-up. They also have a shelf of books for sale, and a lot of them are brand new. I often pick up a few brand-new bestsellers when I go for $2 each and stash them away for gifts. Now I'm also working in my church's bookstore though, and the lady in charge told me that several branches of Bibles Plus have had to close because of people buying from Amazon or WalMart or digital books for their ereaders. So now I buy the occasional book from them with my discount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best site is www.bookmooch.com

    Have received so many wonderful books from it and the people are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...