October 27, 2009

Shadow Government by Grant Jeffrey


I received a copy of Shadow Government by Grant Jeffrey from Multnomah Books for review.

Throughout Shadow Government Grant Jeffrey outlines all the current technology and plans for spying on the people of this world. He details everything from RFID chips (I worked at Walmart when they adopted the technology and I remember it being strangely controversial) to security cameras and shows how the government and private companies/individuals can use them to track each one of us.

To be honest, this kind of thing doesn't scare me at all. Perhaps my obsession with 1984 should have made me more paranoid of such a state existing, but I remain an optimist. I understand that I could be tracked I just don't think anyone really gives a care. Besides, I'm not ashamed of my activities and try to live in such a way that I don't really have anything to hide.

Jeffrey goes on to detail how these things point to the end of the earth and make way for such things as the Mark of the Beast (things prophesied in Revelation) in our lifetimes. I don't buy it. It's not that I think it can't or won't happen in our lifetime, I just don't think that we know that it will. Like a professor of mine said, no one correctly predicted how the Messiah would come the first time, so it's likely that no one will get it this time, either.

Where Jeffrey ends, is in exactly the right place. His last few pages he spends detailing the things that we do know from Scripture. I just wish he had spent more time there.

I wouldn't recommend this book unless you're really into conspiracy theories and the like.


2 comments:

  1. ugh, I hate attitudes like this. Brad is really paranoid about this kind of thing. And I grew up in a "the end is nigh" kind of church. Now that I've learned a bit about history I know it just doesn't wash. People throughout history have believed signs pointed to the end being imminent, even though scriptures say that "no man can know." I have no patience for it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...