September 8, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado

I was given Fearless to review as part of the Thomas Nelson Book Blogger Review program. I've read numerous books by Max Lucado including one of my favorites, You Are Special, so I was very excited to read this book.

Fearless is about how to deal with and replace all sorts of fears with faith. The book is being released today so it's written in an extremely scary time for many people. From the fear of not being liked, to fear of financial failure, to fear of being eaten by a shark, Lucado covers them all. And gives suggestions for ways to overcome these fears by trusting in God and doing all we can do and realizing He is the only one who can really control everything.

I really enjoyed this book. There is something for everyone in it regardless of what religion you follow or don't. Max Lucado's writing is filled with humor and everyday experiences from people he's met through his life, and this really helped his points hit home for me. Especially the chapter on not being liked and why does it really matter what other people think when God's the one who created you and he doesn't make mistakes. Again, if you've never read You Are Special, it's one of the best children's books out there. And this is another great book from Lucado, I'm glad I was given the chance to read it and hope that other people pick it up as soon as it hits the shelves today. Because you really don't have to fear anything but God. 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. I also enjoyed this book. I found it inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...