March 24, 2009

Stress Eater Diet by Robert B. Posner and Linda Hilvka

I was given Stress Eater Diet by Robert Posner and Linda Hilvka to review while I was still doing Weight Watchers. It's amazing how all diet books stay the same thing to lose weight- eat less, exercise more. But this books puts it all in a great way, comical even. From the image on the front cover to the decorative fonts throughout the book, the book just says relax and have fun- stress less.

The other thing I realized while reading this book was that I am not particularly stressed. And when I am stressed, I don't eat. I eat when I'm bored, not stressed. But this book did serve as a good reminder to a lot of things I've learned about weight loss including a lot of great tips like these:
  • Drink more water
  • Eat more protein
  • Eat low calorie snacks often (string cheese, fruits, yogurt, etc.)
  • Do resistance/weight training
  • Use interval training
  • Fidget
  • Get enough sleep
  • Stop eating when you're full
  • Don't engage in other activities while eating and don't eat quickly.

There wasn't a whole lot in this book that I hadn't heard in other places, but it was written in an entertaining and fun-to-read style that I thoroughly enjoyed. I would recommend this book to anyone that is looking for ways to revamp their lifestyles to lose a little weight or just get healthier. Or on the flip side of that, anyone that is looking to decrease their stress even just a little. It really was a fun and easy read, and I'll keep it on my bookshelf to look through tips every now and again.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...