February 25, 2008

Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner

This was the first book I've read by Jennifer Weiner and probably will be the last. It was okay, but I wouldn't recommend it. The novel is basically about a stay at home mom (she doesn't want to be a SAHM) who moved with her husband from NYC for safety reasons to a small Stepford Wives type town. All of the mothers are perfect in every way. Until one day the ring leader of the Wives gets murdered. The rest of the novel is about the SAHM trying to crack the case. The book is supposed to be full of romance, mystery, and humor but I didn't find any of those things. Maybe it's because I'm not a SAHM, who knows. I just wasn't a big fan.

This book is good for a light-hearted reading, but there is very little character development, and the plot lacks any real drama. I only finished a book because I hate to stop in the middle; I never felt compelled to keep reading or to solve the murder mystery. It's just missing that hook factor that most books have. Jennifer Weiner also wrote the book In Her Shoes (movie with Cameron Diaz) so maybe if you liked that book, you would like this one.

1 comment:

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...