January 20, 2010

Everything Matters! by Ron Currie, Jr.


I tell you...I've read 3 excellent books so far in 2010, and this was the first one (Shades of Grey and The Book Thief were the other two). My reading is already shaping up quite nicely this year!

Everything Matters! is a beautifully-written story of the life of Junior Thibodeux and those he loves. What's special about Junior is that he knows the exact day and way our world will end. Not only that, but a voice in his head tells him secrets about others. What do you do with that kind of knowledge? How do you live? Who do you tell? And the question that's answered in the title, What matters?

This was a pleasurable vacation read, but also had me thinking. I can appreciate that about a book, especially when it's not too heavy (as this one isn't).


3 comments:

  1. Nice! I'd been wondering about this book - the sort of "gimmick" of the character knowing when the world will end seemed a little risky, but I'm glad to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting! Definitely being added to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wohoo!!!! sounds great...!!
    the idea of knowing what others thinking is brilliant..

    http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/2010/01/1st-on-my-wishlist.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...