March 22, 2011

Blessed Beyond Measure Devotional Journal by Gloria Copeland

Let me preface this review by saying that this devotional journal is apparently supposed to go with Gloria's book Blessed Beyond Measure. I didn't know that and did not have that when I read through this devotional journal so this review is of the journal only.

Gloria Copeland's Blessed Beyond Measure Devotional Journal has one main goal as far as I could tell - to help the reader and writer understand that God loves them by looking at the ways He blesses you in your daily life. She helps readers achieve this through nine different five-day sections. Each of those days starts with a description of what you're focusing on for that day (e.g., First Things First, God is Good...All the Time) and is followed by a section called "Reflecting on His Goodness," that questions to reflect on the message of the day. This is followed by "Experiencing His Goodness," which is more of a practical application of the message and finally, "Praying in His Goodness," which is room for you to write out your prayers and anything else you think of at the time.

I'll admit I didn't actually go through and use the journal myself. I did read all of the pages, quotes, and messages but did not go through and record my thoughts for the 45 days so I can't give any sort of review on whether this helps with seeing God's love in your life any better but I can review the journal itself.

The journal is well-organized and well thought out. Each section is focused on one major theme and really gets you not only thinking about the topic but also about taking action on it through the practical applications. As an avid journal writer myself I don't typically need prompts to put down on paper what's going in my head, but I can see how this would be a very effective tool for anyone that needed a little motivation to get them going, especially when it comes to the matter of counting your blessings and finding God in you everyday life. And I think that's something we can all use a little more of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...