January 26, 2010

The Moment Between by Nicole Baart

I saw The Moment Between by Nicole Baart as a recommended book on Amazon and I am pretty glad that I took the recommendation. Although the story was a little slow at times, I really enjoyed the book. Instead of trying to summarize it myself, I am going to just steal the synopsis from the back of the book because it was what drew me in.

"Abigail Bennett was completely in control of her life until tragedy pushed her to the brink of something she’d never experienced: obsession. Now, she’s given up everything she’s ever worked for to chase down the object of that obsession. His name is Tyler Kamp. As Abigail follows him across the border into Canada to a beautiful winery in British Columbia, her journey is awash in memories of family and childhood, especially those of her younger sister, Hailey. Dangerously beautiful yet indefinably needy, Hailey seemed to take all the risks Abigail avoided. Until now. But even as Abigail races into her future, her past continues to pull her back. Only when she is brought to the edge of her obsession will she be able to come to terms with the tragedy that ignited it. A breathtaking story about the emotional risks of relationships, The Moment Between explores the cost of regret, the desire for revenge, and the redemptive power of forgiveness."

It was an interesting look at the effect that mental illness has on an entire family. The story was intriguing and I thought it was well written. If you have a hard time getting through it at the beginning, keep reading, the story really is intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. Having some issues with mental illness in my family I am always drawn to books with this as a subject matter. I will have to check this out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...