June 8, 2009

Visions by Jean Koning

When I was first given the option to review this book, I was really excited. The book was supposed to be about Jean Koning's views on the American way of life, and I thought that could be very interesting. I should've looked into the details of the book a little closer as I would've opted out from the review. I am not the person who should be reviewing this book. I'm pretty much the opposite of everything that Koning describes and promotes in his book, and it was really hard for me to get through.

From coffee, to promoting teenange sex, to legalizing marijuana- I just couldn't relate or agree with the book in any which way. The writing was well put together but sounded like someone just wrote down exactly what they were thinking at that exact moment and then tried to piece it all together into a series of "Visions." Pretty much a social commentary on whatever he felt like writing about at the moment.

And that being said, I really can't feel good recommending this book to anyone because it promotes so much of what I'm not. And that just doesn't work for me. If anyone feels they might be more suited to reading and reviewing this book, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...