May 12, 2008

Lost in Austen by Emma Campbell Webster

Some of you may know that I'm leery of the entire Jane Austen knock-off genre, but a friend gave this to me for Christmas so I thought I'd try it out. After enjoying watching Sense and Sensibility Saturday night, I pulled this out and got Lost in Austen.

This is not a novel, but rather a choose-your-own adventure, and you're Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. Emma's take (I can't seem to call her by her last name, she's practically my age) on the novel is entertaining and enjoyable as you see how she weaves in concepts and characters from the other Austen books.

I took several wrong turns along the way, but I was able to go back and make the right decisions at those points (because I never said I'd play by the rules!). One choice I made actually had me being left for dead by Miss Bingley!

Anyone who enjoys Austen and likes to escape would probably enjoy this book. If you're intrigued, check out the giveaway over on my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh that sounds like fun! BTW my mom watched the Jane Austen Club movie the other day and she said it was terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...