January 29, 2008

Book Review: The Time Traveler's Wife

I can not put into words how much I enjoyed this book. Audry Niffenegger did a great job in bringing her characters to life. I laughed with them, got mad with them, and cried with them. It was a roller coaster of emotions. At 536 pages, I found that I could not put the book the down and had it read in no time at all.

As book title suggests, the book the about a man named Henry who involuntarily travelers through time and his wife Clare. This is a story of their life. The ups and downs and everything in between. These characters are so real. They are not put on a pedestal and can do no wrong. They are regular people who are struggling to make a life together like so many of us.

People Magazine was quoted as saying "As Clare and Henry take turns telling the story, revealing the dept of their bond despite everything, a sci-fi premise becomes a powerfully original love story." That is something else I love about this book. It is original. I have never read anything like it before. I highly recommend The Time Traveler's Wife.

4 comments:

  1. I read this, too, and liked it! Of course, I love time traveler books. Have you read any of Diana Gabaldon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several people have mentioned this book, so I might check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, you'll never find Time Travelers Wife in the Sci/Fi section of the Bookstore. Niffenegger is found under Fiction/Lit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Matt from Regal Literary.

    If you enjoyed TTW, you might be interested in knowing that Regal Literary is giving away ten advanced reader's copies and three first edition hardcovers of the new Audrey Niffenegger book, Her Fearful Symmetry, on October 1st in a lottery to anyone who joins the facebook page as a fan and sends an e-mail to hfs@regal-literary.com. Good luck!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Her-Fearful-Symmetry/68080996784

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining our discussion of this book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...